lunes, 1 de agosto de 2011

Kubuntu 11.04: After updating to kde 4.7, things are back to normal

Hi!

You might remember I wrote quite a rant a few months back about the sorry state of kubuntu 11.04 when it was released. There were so many complains I had.

Well, after I updated to kde 4.7 yesterday things have mostly fallen into place. No more kded4 going crazy when I mess around with my usb dongle, my desktop starts with 3d effects enabled and everything looks fine and dandy. If I notice other things, I'll let you know.

There's something I haven't tested yet but it's not related to kde or kubuntu per se. The driver of my wireless card crashes my netbook (apparently, it's a driver bug... I haven't used the wireless card in a couple of months so I don't know if it's solved... launchpad bug report is here).

Update: Thanks to Sam for advicing me to remove the comment about my wife. I created another blog entry for her.

1 comentario:

  1. Dude, that's heavy. Please separate the Kubuntu post from the news of your wife.

    My condolences, however. Sorry for your loss.

    ResponderEliminar